TALLINN CITY GOVERNMENT – REGULATION
Tallinn | 7 December 2016 No 50
STATUTES OF THE TALLINN LITERATURE CENTRE
The ordinance is established on the basis of § 35(2) of the Local Government Organisation Act and § 52(7) of the Tallinn Statute and in accordance with point 2 of Tallinn City Council Decision No 184 of 1 December 2016 “Establishment of Tallinn Literary Centre”.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
(1) The Tallinn Literary Centre (hereinafter referred to as the Literary Centre) is an institution administered by the Tallinn Culture and Sports Board (hereinafter referred to as the Board).
(2) The official name of the Literature Centre is:
1) in Estonian Tallinna Kirjanduskeskus;
2) in english Tallinn Literary Centre;
3) in russian Таллиннский Литературный Центр.
(3) The Literature Centre is located in Tallinn. The postal address of the Literary Centre is Lydia Koidula 12a, 10125 Tallinn.
(4) The Literary Centre shall operate within the limits of the budget approved for it.
(5) The Literary Centre has its own seal with its name and the Great Coat of Arms of Tallinn, as well as document stamps. Kirjanduskeskus has its own logo.
(6) The Statutes of the Literary Centre shall be established and amended by the Tallinn City Government (hereinafter the City Government) on the proposal of the Authority.
(7) The Centre shall be guided in its activities by the legislation of the State and Tallinn, the administrative acts of the Head of the Authority and these Statutes.
In order to carry out its tasks, the Publications Centre is entitled to set up structural units in agreement with the Agency.
3. AREAS OF ACTIVITY AND TASKS
(1) The activities of the Literary Centre are the collection, preservation, study, appreciation, mediation and exhibition of materials related to the life and literary creation of Anton Hansen Tammsaare and Eduard Vilde for educational, scientific and experiential purposes.
(2) In accordance with its fields of activity, the Literature Centre performs the following tasks:
1) organizes own work and economic activities;
2) researches the literary heritage of the city of Tallinn and monitors the situation of memorial sites related to writers (graves of writers buried in the Tallinn Forest Cemetery, etc.);
3) conducts research related to Tallinn writers and mediates new approaches for educational and entertainment purposes;
4) researches and mediates the image of the city of Tallinn in fiction;
5) mediates literary heritage to the public through exhibitions, publications, lectures, media and public events.
6) organizes exhibitions, lectures, conferences, experience days and other cultural events and cooperates with cultural and educational institutions in this area;
7) prepares and publishes publications, catalogs, educational materials and other publications corresponding to the profile of the literary center;
8) organizes cooperation with other educational, memory, and research and development institutions, individuals, and international organizations.
(3) In order to fulfill its tasks, the Literary Center has the right to provide both free and paid services, the prices of which are established in accordance with the procedure stipulated in the legislation of the state and Tallinn.
4. PROPERTY, RESOURCES AND BUDGET
(1) The Literary Center is an institution authorized to manage city property, to which the office has given the property under its management.
(2) The Literary Center uses the city property in its possession for the purpose of fulfilling its tasks. The Literary Center can make transactions with the city property in its possession only according to the procedure established in Tallinn legislation. The records of the city property in the possession of the Literary Center are kept in accordance with the procedure established in the legislation of Tallinn.
(3) The Literary Center may receive allocations and donations from foundations, companies, non-profit organizations, and individuals, which are taken into account in accordance with the procedure established in the legislation of the state and Tallinn. The literary center must inform the office about allotments and donations and ensure the accounting of their use. When using allocated or donated funds, the donor’s wishes must be followed.
(4) The head of the office approves the budget of the literary center based on the city budget approved by the Tallinn City Council (hereinafter referred to as the city council) and the proposals of the literary center. The costs of the literary center are covered on the basis of the budget.
(1) The Literary Center is managed by a director, who is confirmed and dismissed by the city government at the proposal of the mayor in accordance with the procedure established in the legislation of Tallinn.
(2) The head of the office concludes and terminates the employment contract with the director of the Literary Center and exercises other rights and obligations of the employer.
1) manages the literary center, ensuring the fulfillment of the tasks stipulated in the statute;
2) organizes the possession, use, and disposal of the property owned by the literary center, manages the economic activities of the literary center, ensures the effective work of the literary center, is responsible for the general condition and development of the literary center, the preservation of city property and the lawful, targeted and expedient use of budget funds within the limits of the budget approved for the literary center;
3) conducts transactions on behalf of the city for the fulfillment of the tasks of the literary center within the limits of the expenditures provided for in the city budget and only in the cases and according to the procedure provided for in the legislation of Tallinn, ensuring the fulfillment and collection of the revenues planned in the budget;
4) ensures compliance with financial discipline and bears personal responsibility for the legality and expediency of the literary center’s financial activities in accordance with the law;
5) ensures the preparation, coordination and submission of the literary center’s budget project to the office in accordance with the procedure established in the legislation of Tallinn; constantly monitors budget implementation and, if necessary, submits budget amendment proposals to the agency;
6) is responsible for the timely delivery of documents and information necessary for work to the accounting unit serving the literary center;
7) ensures the preparation and timely submission of documents and reports provided for in state and Tallinn legislation and contracts;
8) acts on behalf of the literary center and represents it without additional powers in all state and local government bodies and institutions and in relations with other legal and natural persons or authorizes other persons for this purpose, except in cases where state or Tallinn legislation stipulates otherwise;
9) approves, in coordination with the head of the agency, the structure and staff composition of the literary center, as well as the remuneration procedure;
10) approves job descriptions of employees, concludes and terminates employment contracts with employees and exercises other rights and obligations of the employer on the basis of legislation regulating employment relationships;
11) establishes the rules for the literary center’s management and work organization;
12) issues directives for the internal organization of the literary center’s work within its competence and controls their implementation;
13) organizes the response and resolution of memos, clarification requests and information requests received by the literature center;
14) performs other tasks assigned to him.
(4) The director of the literature center is replaced by a person appointed by the directive of the head of the agency.
6. REPORTING AND CONTROL
(1) Bookkeeping and reporting of the Book Center is organized in accordance with state and Tallinn legislation. The Literary Center submits reports according to the procedure and deadline established by the legislation of the state and Tallinn.
(2) The management and activities of the literary center are controlled by the agency.
(3) Service supervision over the legality and expediency of the activities of the literary center is carried out by the city government.
7. REORGANIZATION AND DISCONTINUATION
(1) The reorganization of the literary center and the termination of its activities shall be decided by the city council at the proposal of the city government.
(2) Unless otherwise specified in the decision on the reorganization of the literary center, upon the reorganization of the literary center, its rights and obligations are transferred to its legal successor, and in its absence to the agency.
(3) The activities of the Literary Center shall be terminated by liquidation.
8. EFFECTIVENESS OF REGULATION
The regulation enters into force on January 1, 2017.
Deputy mayor in the duties of the mayor